Archive for the 'Features' Category
Posted by Neil on December 11, 2012
- If you are composing your posts in supported blogging or bulletin board software, clicking the bookmarklet will take the text you have typed and wrap every active player's name with a link to their BBR page. We are happy to add more options if the software you use is not currently supported; just let us know.
- If you are on a web page with player names in the text, select the text with your mouse and click the bookmarklet. After a few seconds, links to BBR pages for the player names that appear in the selected text will be automatically added.
Please see the linker page for full instructions and some areas to test the bookmarklet.
By itself this feature is pretty handy, but if you are a site owner you may want something in return for linking to Tim Duncan's or LaMarcus Aldridge's BBR page from your blog posts. We agree, so we have added a feature to return the link back to you.
Those stories are used to populate the "Player News" section just above the player's stats. If you are a blog owner or author, you can use our linker to automatically have your articles added to relevant player pages. If you tag your player names with links to our site — and we can find those links in your RSS feed — we will add a link to your article on the player's page. For example, this Hickory-High post is currently the first link in Derrick Rose's newsfeed.
Please read this description of the service for complete details, including the information that we need from you before you can start to see your content linked from the BBR player pages.
Comments Off |
Posted in Announcement, Basketball-Reference.com, CBB at Sports Reference, Features, HowTo, Linker
Posted by Neil on December 3, 2012
PFR Player Name Linker / Add your Site to our Player Newsfeeds
With the 2012 regular season drawing down to its final quarter, here's a reminder that we have newsfeeds on the PFR player pages, showing the latest player news from KFFL, injury reports and links to relevant PFR blog posts. If you have a blog or website with an RSS feed you can add your site to relevant player pages as well. Our Player Linker Tool will take your blog posts as you've written them and run them through a program and add links to PFR player pages where appropriate. So while you don't have the resource to create your own player pages for your site, you can treat us as your site's statistics partner, linking Eli Manning's name to our stats or any player all the way back to Y.A. Tittle and Otto Graham.
If the links then appear in your rss feed and you let us know to look for them, we'll pull them out of your feed and then link back to you from Eli's page, or Otto Graham's or whomever you link to.
If you help your users find our great content, we'll help our users find yours. And best of all it is all automated except for one click of an easy-to-install bookmarklet. Check the Player Newsfeeds page for details. This link share will also work for tables you share using the SHARE tooltip found above every stats table on the site.
1 Comment |
Posted in Announcement, CFB at Sports Reference, Features, Linker, Pro-Football-Reference.com
Posted by Neil on November 8, 2012
We're a week and a half into the 2013 season, and it's time for a reminder to check out the Basketball-Reference Play Index. In case you don't already know about the PI, it's a set of research tools that allow you to create customizable queries on our database, save the results, and share them with others. With the PI, you can:
- Use the Player Season Finder to search through all NBA, ABA, & BAA players' regular season and playoff statistics for performances that match your criteria.
- Use the Player Game Finder to search through NBA players' regular season and playoff game logs (since 1985-86) for games matching your criteria.
- Use the Head-to-Head Finder to search for games in which two selected players played against each other.
- Search for player and team consecutive-game streaks that match your criteria using the Streak Finders.
- Search for team performances that meet your criteria with the Team Season Finder and Team Game Finder.
- Use the Draft Finder to search through every NBA/BAA draft for picks that match your criteria.
- Use the Player Comparison Finder to compare the stats of up to four players through (or in) a given season.
Also, take a look at the Play Index Plus for even more data-searching goodness. The PI+ lets you sift through the play-by-play data of every game since 2001, making it possible to look for specific events, lineup data, and shooting stats (including clutch shots and shot breakdowns by distance).
Best of all, these features are 100% free to use! So go ahead, give them a try, and you'll wonder how you ever got along without them.
3 Comments |
Posted in Announcement, Basketball-Reference.com, Features, Play Index