24th January 2023
Over the past few months, we have significantly bolstered our Engineering team with four new full-time hires.
- Ben Wozniak, Software Engineer, joined Sports Reference towards the end of 2022. Ben lives in Milwaukee and previously worked at Brady Corporation as a Software Engineer. He is primarily a Chicago sports fan, particularly the Cubs and Bears. Follow him on Twitter at @ben_woz.
- Jonathan Moore, Software Engineer, joined Sports Reference towards the end of 2022. He attended Illinois State University and Tufts University. Jonathan lives in Boston and previously worked at Left Hook, Inc. as an Integrations Engineer. He is originally from Bloomington-Normal, IL and is a Chicago Sports fan.
- Matthew Carr, Software Engineer, joined Sports Reference at the start of 2023. He lives in Toronto, Canada and previously worked as a full stack developer in the healthcare industry. He was in attendance for Joey Bats’ bat flip and is a fan of the Raptors, Jays and Leafs.
- Joe Zobel, Software Engineer, joined Sports Reference at the start of 2023 after interning the summer of 2022. He grew up in the suburbs of Chicago and graduated from Purdue University with a degree in Computer Engineering. He is a Chicago and Purdue sports fan.
Welcome to the team, Ben, Jonathan, Matthew, and Joe!
Joe is an example of our summer intern program leading to a full-time hire. If you're interested in our intern program, we are currently hiring seven summer interns for 2023 (in Data, Engineering, Marketing, and Product). These are paid internships.
Posted in Announcement | No Comments »
19th January 2023
If you're a Stathead user, you're probably already familiar with the Player Span Finders, which give you the option to search player stats over a span of games. Well, now we're excited to roll out the team version of this tool to all the Stathead sports!
Previously, Baseball users had a Team Span Finder, but now the option is there for Basketball, Football, and Hockey as well. With the Team Span Finder, you can:
- Search for combined stat totals over a consecutive span of games
- See records like "the most points in any 10-game span"
- Filter spans by ranges like the beginning or end of a season, or narrow the search by team, game circumstances, and more
- Use a Postseason filter to search for Postseason spans
In short, all the same great functionality and search options that you had in the Player Span Finder are now available on the team level. Search any and every span of games to uncover remarkable records in Stathead, your all-access pass to the Sports Reference database.
Posted in Stathead | Comments Off on Team Span Finders Added to Stathead
10th January 2023
One of Stathead Basketball's most powerful tools just got even better.
The Player Span Finder now has WNBA stats. This tool gives you the power to search for player stats over any consecutive span of games from any point in their career. Now, with WNBA spans, you can answer questions like "Who had the most points in any 20-game span in WNBA history". Read the rest of this entry
Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off on WNBA Stats Added to Span Finder on Stathead Basketball
10th January 2023
We're excited to announce a new tool for Stathead Football, and it's one of our most-requested features.
The Player Span Finder gives you the power to search for player stats over any consecutive span of games from any point in their career. We've often had users ask for tools to answer questions like "Who had the most passing touchdowns in any 16 game span since the merger". Now, with the Span Finder, you can look that up. Unlike the Streak Finder, it will give you cumulative stats over every game in the span, regardless of if it fits the streak. And unlike the Game Finder, it can search every single possible span. Read the rest of this entry
Posted in Announcement, Pro-Football-Reference.com, Stathead | Comments Off on NEW Player Span Finder Added to Stathead Football