29th August 2014
With the 2014 college football season upon, just a few reminders on where to find info for this season:
- The full 2014 FBS schedule (complete with TV info and links to purchase tickets) can be found here. This page also contains links to game previews, which will turn into box scores as the games are completed.
- Individual school schedules are available on that school's season page, which is accessible from this index. These pages will also track team/player statistics and contain links to box scores and previews. New for this season is an injury report that will appear at the top of the team pages.
- If you'd just like to see box scores for a given day, they are available here.
- Any information on the 2014 season can be accessed from the Season Summary page. This page features a comparison of the conferences, an AP Poll summary and also national statistical leaders. Furthermore, this page provides navigation to standings, ratings and every AP Poll. You can also access a larger selection of national statistical leaders.
- For deeper dives into our statistical offerings, we recommend utilizing out Play Index. This is a series of tools offering unique access to our database, which allows users to create custom leaderboards. For instance, the most TD passes in a game since 2000 or the most games in a season with 4+ TD passes since 2000, which can be found via the Player Game Finder. The School Game Finder can tell you things like the most bowl wins since 2002 or most points in a conference championship game since 2000. The School Streak Finder can give you the longest losing streaks in major bowl games since 1869 or the most consecutive 40-point games. Finally, the Rivalry Finder will provide you with a detailed series history between any two schools you choose.
If you have any questions about where to find something or if you encounter any issues, please let us know here.
Posted in Announcement, CFB at Sports Reference, Data, Play Index, Uncategorized | 2 Comments »
17th June 2014
We like to keep our sites really, really fast and obsess over as many performance details as we can. Unfortunately one area where we have little control is in the performance of our advertisements as companies of our size typically outsource this task. We rely on ads for 85% of our revenue, but we are aware that some of these ads degrade our service.
We have decided to launch a new ad-free service. It's available on all of our sites and for $20 you can surf all of our sites ad-free. To sign up see the "AD FREE" link that now appears at the top of every page.
Using this service will make your surfing experience much faster and will continue to support our site.
Sign up via Baseball-Reference.com
Read the rest of this entry
Posted in Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com, Basketball-Reference.com, CBB at Sports Reference, CFB at Sports Reference, Hockey-Reference.com, Olympics at S-R, Pro-Football-Reference.com | 9 Comments »
13th May 2014
Due to a need to replace a faulty power supply the sites will be down for hopefully just a few minutes tomorrow afternoon as the power supply is being replace. The work is scheduled to occur sometime between 1 and 3 pm ET and should affect only our CFB, CBB and Olympics sites and this blog. Should a longer outage be necessary or any additional sites be affected, we will post any updates to our twitter accounts.
Posted in Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com, Basketball-Reference.com, CBB at Sports Reference, CFB at Sports Reference, expire2d, Hockey-Reference.com, Olympics at S-R, Pro-Football-Reference.com | Comments Off on Maintenance Downtime (a few minutes), afternoon of May 14, 2014
16th April 2014
While we sit around and wait for the 2014 NFL draft (only 3 more weeks!), I've gotten the full 2014 college football schedule up for all games as well as the individual team and conference schedules.
Posted in Announcement, CFB at Sports Reference, Pro-Football-Reference.com | Comments Off on 2014 College Football Schedules Up
31st March 2014
Mike Lynch has joined Sports Reference as our new User Affairs Coordinator. Mike is a Philly native and Boston U. grad. He has an extensive background in sports history and studio production research working for ESPN as the lead researcher for NBA Tonight, for the Big Ten Network, and most recently for Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic. Mike is on twitter at @SportInfo247.
Posted in Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com, Basketball-Reference.com, CBB at Sports Reference, CFB at Sports Reference, Expire30d, Hockey-Reference.com, Olympics at S-R, Pro-Football-Reference.com, Uncategorized | 3 Comments »
6th January 2014
User Affairs Coordinator @ Sports Reference.
Yes, we'll pay you money to spend all day answering questions about sports. Please pass along this job ad to anyone you might think would be interested.
Posted in Advanced Stats, Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com, Basketball-Reference.com, CBB at Sports Reference, CFB at Sports Reference, Expire30d, Hockey-Reference.com, Olympics at S-R, Pro-Football-Reference.com, Statgeekery, Tips and Tricks, WAR | 5 Comments »
20th December 2013
As a pre-bowl season present to all, we would like to announce that we have added a LOT more college football data. New data fills out individual player stats back to 1956, and includes:
- Passing/Rushing/Receiving - complete seasonal offensive stats back to 1956 for players, which means we now have leaderboards for the past 57+ years
- Interceptions - we now have full data back to 1976, which means that a player like Charles Woodson no longer looks like just a wide receiver, and Deion Sanders isn't just some guy who played for Florida State.
- Punt and kick returns - we now have full data back to 1976, which also benefits Woodson & Sanders, of course, but helps fill out the stats of players like Tim Brown and Barry Sanders
- Punting and kicking stats - also dating back to 1976, you can now get your fill of the kicking stats of various Zendejases
We've also added 1,312 new team seasons worth of data back to 1956, updating every major and many non-major schools' complete offensive stats. Finally, we've fleshed out player links between the college football and pro football sites, so finding pro stats for college players should be much easier (and vice versa). Look for an expansion of the Play Index tools soon to encompass this new data.
A BIG thanks to guys at Sports Data Research for working with us to bring this update to the site.
Read the rest of this entry
Posted in Announcement, CFB at Sports Reference, Pro-Football-Reference.com | Comments Off on College Football Updates Galore, 1956-Present
19th December 2013
As Nate Silver tweeted out earlier today, Neil Paine is leaving Sports Reference early next month to join Nate's new FiveThirtyEight.com. I know I speak for everyone here at SR when I say I'm feeling a mix of sadness that on a daily basis we won't get to tap Neil's encyclopedic knowledge of European NBA players, his knowledge of pretty much every sabermetric study ever done, his patience dealing with every kind of user complaint, and his wit, pluck, and genuine enthusiasm for his work. But also happiness for Neil that his writing and thinking is getting the platform it justly deserves. I know someday we'll be bragging that we knew Neil Paine before he was a bigshot. :)
I'll be anticipating his articles and I suggest you search them out as well when the site launches in early 2014.
Posted in Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com, Basketball-Reference.com, CBB at Sports Reference, CFB at Sports Reference, Expire30d, Hockey-Reference.com, Olympics at S-R, Pro-Football-Reference.com, Uncategorized | 7 Comments »