Archive for the 'Features' Category
Posted by Neil on August 15, 2012
Basketball-Reference is proud to introduce our new NBA contract data, courtesy of Storytellerscontracts.com's Jeff Kramer.
The main elements we've added are contract tables on player and the team pages, complete with future payroll commitments for future seasons, the amount of guaranteed money each player is owed, and "payroll notes" describing the conditions of each player's deal. (Think of it as Cot's Contracts, but for the NBA.)
Check out the main contracts portal here and be sure to explore your favorite team's financial situation. Have fun!
15 Comments |
Posted in Announcement, Basketball-Reference.com, Features
Posted by Neil on August 13, 2012
As you might have noticed, we updated the site template at Hockey-Reference over the weekend, bringing it up to code (pun intended) with the rest of the S-R sites.
What does that mean for you? Here's a rundown of the new features we added:
- Rollover menus in the navbar. Rolling your mouse over the "play index | boxscores | players | etc." menus at the top of pages will now give you more options, including quick access to recent results.
- Improved table sorting. Now, you can reset tables you sorted (via header clicking) by clicking the header again until the original sorting returns -- the order goes from Default --> Descending --> Ascending --> Default.
- SHARE stats.You can now use our SHARE capability to customize tables, link to H-R content, and embed stats on your own site.
- Link to specific tables. Every table has a Link option that lets you send people directly to the table you want.
- ...and more!
As always, you can report ongoing bugs here: Sr.FogBugz.com
Comments Off |
Posted in Announcement, Expire30d, Features, Hockey-Reference.com
Posted by Neil on August 2, 2012
Sponsoring a page is fun, fast, and easy way to support what we're doing here at Basketball-Reference. With a sponsorship, you can:
- Show your support for your favorite player or team.
- Drum up traffic for your own site & draw in fans with a common interest.
- Get some well-deserved recognition for your support of BBR.
- Make your voice heard by the tens of thousands of people who visit Basketball-Reference every day.
Here's all you have to do to get involved:
- Create a membership account.
- Find the page(s) you'd like to support, and click "sponsor" (available pages).
- If the page you want is already sponsored, click "Alert Me!" to be informed when the current sponsorship expires.
- Follow the instructions to create your message and make your payment.
- Your message and links will be visible on the page after we approve them (usually in less than 24 hours).
And who knows, if you're clever enough, your message might end up on lists like these.
4 Comments |
Posted in Announcement, Basketball-Reference.com, Features, Sponsors
Posted by Neil on July 31, 2012
Just a friendly reminder to check out our Olympics site, which is being updated daily throughout the London games.
Comments Off |
Posted in Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com, Basketball-Reference.com, CBB at Sports Reference, CFB at Sports Reference, expire21d, Features, Hockey-Reference.com, Olympics at S-R, Pro-Football-Reference.com
Posted by Neil on July 26, 2012
The Baseball-Reference Bullpen: Baseball's collaborative encyclopedia
Just a reminder for everyone to check out the B-R Bullpen Wiki, the collaborative baseball encyclopedia that anyone can edit. We have 65,285 articles -- and counting -- thanks to users just like you, and we hope to add many more as we collect and organize as much baseball knowledge as possible. To get you started, here are some links on the project:
Or you could just go to a Random Page.
Give it a try, explore a little, and maybe even take a shot at editing a page. There's a lot of baseball knowledge out there just waiting to be added to these pages!
Comments Off |
Posted in Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com, Features