Archive for the 'Announcement' Category
Posted by admin on September 1, 2013
I'm working on fixing a lot of bugs today (family's out of town, so I'm getting some back work done).
- Added a PH/PR option to the positions for the batting season finder.
- Allowed you to search on Offensive and Defensive WAR on the Season finder.
- On minor league player pages, there is now a level summary showing the totals by level in rank order of the level. Before it was the ordered by the # of seasons in each level.
2 Comments |
Posted in Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com
Posted by Neil on August 21, 2013
The Baseball-Reference Bullpen: Baseball's collaborative encyclopedia
Here's a reminder for everyone to check out the B-R Bullpen Wiki, the collaborative baseball encyclopedia that anyone can edit. We have
65,285 69,775 articles -- and counting -- thanks to users just like you, and we hope to add many more as we collect and organize as much baseball knowledge as possible. To get you started, here are some links on the project:
Or you could just go to a Random Page.
Give it a try, explore a little, and maybe even take a shot at editing a page. There's a lot of baseball knowledge out there just waiting to be added to these pages!
5 Comments |
Posted in Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com, Bullpen, Features
Posted by Justin Kubatko on August 20, 2013
I am sad to announce that after six years, five websites, and hundreds of thousands of lines of code, my tenure at Sports Reference will come to an end this week. More information can be found on my new blog, Statitudes. Thanks to all of the users who have supported the sites that I ran.
45 Comments |
Posted in Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com, Basketball-Reference.com, CBB at Sports Reference, CFB at Sports Reference, Expire30d, expire40d, Hockey-Reference.com, Olympics at S-R, Pro-Football-Reference.com
Posted by Neil on August 20, 2013
With the regular season around the corner, Sponsoring a P-F-R page is a fun, fast, and easy way to support what we're doing here at Pro-Football-Reference. With a sponsorship, you can:
- Show your support for your favorite player or team.
- Drum up traffic for your own site & draw in fans with a common interest.
- Get some well-deserved recognition for your support of PFR.
- Make your voice heard by the tens of thousands of people who visit Pro-Football-Reference every day.
Here's all you have to do to get involved:
- Create a membership account.
- Find the page(s) you'd like to support, and click "sponsor" (available pages).
- If the page you want is already sponsored, click "Alert Me!" to be informed when the current sponsorship expires.
- Follow the instructions to create your message and make your payment.
- Your message and links will be visible on the page after we approve them (usually in less than 24 hours).
And who knows, if you're clever enough, your message might end up on lists like these.
Comments Off |
Posted in Announcement, Pro-Football-Reference.com, Sponsors