Posted by Justin Kubatko on October 5, 2012
Over the last month or so I have made a number of additions and tweaks to Basketball-Reference.com:
- We now have partial box scores for both the 1982-83 and 1983-84 seasons.
- Related to the above, we now have partial player game logs and splits for both the 1982-83 and 1983-84 seasons. You may have also noticed that the player's biographical information now appears at the top of both the game logs and splits.
- On the main player pages, we have split the playoff statistics into four separate tables: totals, per game, per 36 minutes, and advanced.
- Also on the player pages, the game logs, splits, shooting, and finder links have been moved to the navigation menu that "sticks" to the top of the page as you scroll down. There is also a news link on the navigation menu that leads to an archive of player news. (Note: If you would like to see your blog posts here, please read about how you can add your blog content to our newsfeeds.)
- An improved navigation menu has been added to the leader pages. This will allow you to quickly switch between season, career, active, yearly, progressive, yearly, and top 10 pages for both the regular season and playoffs for a particular statistic. You can also easily switch statistics by hovering your mouse over the Leader & Records [+] tab and choosing a new statistic.
- In the playoffs section, partial composite box scores have been added for the 1983 and 1984 playoff series.
- The All-Star Game section has a new navigation bar on each page. This will allow you to quickly move from box scores to voting results to contest results. We have also added pages with single game and career leaders for the NBA All-Star Game.
- Although this was announced at the end of August, don't forget that we now have a referees section with referee data for the 1988-89 through 2011-12 seasons.
OK, I think that covers it. As always, please send us your feedback if you have any comments or questions about the site.
This entry was posted on Friday, October 5th, 2012 at 3:28 pm and is filed under Announcement, Basketball-Reference.com, Features.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.