A few additions:
- We've added a page for Batting Titles and Pitching ERA Titles. These are the title holders as they were named at the time.
- These titles are marked on the pitching and batting tables with a golden glimmer. For instance, in 1910 Cobb was credited at the time with the batting title, but later research showed Lajoie ahead, so Cobb gets the gold background and Lajoie the black ink. For the purpose of the black ink test we'll give both of them credit.
- This gold styling is also applied to entries in the player stats that correspond to all-time career records, see Barry Bonds.
- For the 2012 Melky ruling, we've excluded Melky Cabrera from batting title consideration. I had some concerns about how the rule was implemented, but ultimately I've decided to go along with MLB's ruling in who we recognize as the highest BA. Previously, I had mistakenly thought that the rule waiver was applying to all players like Joey Votto and Giancarlo Stanton as well.
- 2012 Similarity Scores have been updated
- 2012 Salaries were finally updated. Salary leaderboards will update tomorrow.
- Added Wil Myers as BA minor leaguer of the year on Minors Section
This entry was posted on Thursday, October 4th, 2012 at 4:28 pm and is filed under Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.