With the 2013-14 NBA season starting next week it's time for a reminder to check out the Basketball-Reference Play Index. In case you don't already know about the PI, it's a set of research tools that allow you to create customizable queries on our database, save the results, and share them with others. With the PI, you can:
- Use the Player Season Finder to search through all NBA, ABA, & BAA players' regular season and playoff statistics for performances that match your criteria.
- Use the Player Game Finder to search through NBA players' regular season and playoff game logs (since 1985-86) for games matching your criteria.
- Use the Head-to-Head Finder to search for games in which two selected players played against each other.
- Search for player and team consecutive-game streaks that match your criteria using the Streak Finders.
- Search for team performances that meet your criteria with the Team Season Finder and Team Game Finder.
- Use the Draft Finder to search through every NBA/BAA draft for picks that match your criteria.
- Use the Player Comparison Finder to compare the stats of up to four players through (or in) a given season.
Also, take a look at the Play Index Plus for even more data-searching goodness. The PI+ lets you sift through the play-by-play data of every game since 2001, making it possible to look for specific events, lineup data, and shooting stats (including clutch shots and shot breakdowns by distance).
Best of all, these features are 100% free to use! So go ahead, give them a try, and you'll wonder how you ever got along without them.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013 at 5:03 pm and is filed under Announcement, Basketball-Reference.com, Play Index. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.