College Football Stats Glossary
- An underline indicates that a career figure is based on incomplete data.
- Two-Point Conversions Made
- Associated Press
- Adjusted Passing Yards per Attempt; the formula is (Yds
+ 20 * TD - 45 * Int) / Att.
- Attempts (passing or rushing)
- Average (yards per attempt)
- Bowl Championship Series
- Pass Completions
- Field Goal Attempts
- Field Goals Made
- Fumbles Recovered
- Football Writer's Association of America
- Helms Athletic Foundation
- Interceptions (defensive or passing)
- National Championship Foundation
- National Football Foundation
- Plays from Scrimmage (i.e., rushing attempts plus receptions)
- Passing Efficiency Rating; statistic used by the NCAA to evaluate passing
efficiency. The formula is (8.4 * Yds + 330 * TD - 200 * Int + 100 * Cmp) / Att.
- Returns (kick or punt)
- Strength of Schedule; a rating of strength of schedule. The rating is
denominated in points above/below average, where zero is average.
Non-major opponents are included as a single team in the ratings. My
colleague Doug Drinen of Pro-Football-Reference.com has written a great explanation
of this method.
- Simple Rating System; a rating that takes into account average point
differential and strength of schedule. The rating is denominated in points
above/below average, where zero is average, although it should be noted
that margin of victory has been assigned a lower bound of 7 points and an
upper bound of 24 points. Non-major opponents are included as a single
team in the ratings. My colleague Doug Drinen of Pro-Football-Reference.com has written a great explanation
of this method.
- USA Today/CNN
- USA Today/ESPN
- United Press International
- Won-Lost Percentage; the formula is (W + 0.5 * T) / G.
- Extra-Point Attempts
- Extra-Points Made
- Passing Yards per Attempt; the formula is Yds / Att.