User Affairs Coordinator Job at Sports Reference
Posted: December 19, 2017
REPORTS TO: Sean Forman, SR President
Sports Reference LLC is focused on answering user questions relating to sports statistics and history. The SR User Affairs Coordinator is the point person for Sports Reference’s conversations with our users. The ideal candidate for this position will have a good knowledge of sports and our sites, a user-centered mindset, a strong attention to and concern for details, and exceptional written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (In rough order of importance)
- Answer 30 or more daily user inquiries via our online bug system and assign tasks to SR programmers when necessary.
- Test and copy edit, prior to launch, new features developed by SR programmers and provide detailed feedback and quality assurance testing.
- Respond by phone to users who leave SR voicemail.
- As available, work on rudimentary data cleaning of data used on Sports Reference sites.
- Provide input and feedback on new features or datasets that SR should consider or is considering.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
- The ability to get things done quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to accurately, compassionately, and concisely answer user questions.
- Knowledge of proper usage and grammar.
- Knowledge of the Sports Reference sites, how they are structured and what they offer.
- Knowledge of sports history and current sports teams and topics.
- Great attention to detail as this job may require you to enter data that will appear on SR sites.
- Ability to work with online content management systems.
- Touch typing is a bonus as most user interactions will be online.
- No degree is required, though we would likely view a Bachelor’s degree as some evidence of the ability to get things done.
- Sports Reference is located in Philadelphia and due to the nature of this work preference will be given to candidates able to work in Philadelphia, but non-Philadelphia candidates will be considered. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are able to work out of our Philadelphia office.
- This is not a job as a sabermetrician, a programmer or as a full-time writer.
- This is a full-time job.
- Applicant must have a legal right to work in the United States.
Sports Reference is a small company with 8 employees, so your work will be highly visible and have a definite and immediate impact. Even though we are a small company, Sports Reference contributes to employee health care, dental care, retirement accounts, and salaries commensurate with your ability level and experience.
We will begin reviewing applicants January 8th and will continue until the position or positions are filled. To apply, please send a cover e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (our bug system) and attach an up-to-date resume in .pdf, .doc, or .txt form. Please use the subject "User Affairs - Your Name". Questions regarding the position may be sent to the same address above. As you progress through the process we will ask for multiple references.
Sports Reference LLC does not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, membership in any other protected classes, or on the basis of sports franchise preferences.