Norwegian architect Ole Sverre graduated from the Trondheim Technical Learning Institution in 1886, and the Technical School in Berlin-Charlottenburg in 1890. He took a prominent place among Oslo architects and produced designs for a wide range of well-known buildings. His works include the Holmenkollen Tourist Hotel, a gym in Fredrikstad, the Norway LandbrukshÃ¸yskoles settlement on the hill, German Kaiser Wilhelmâs hunting lodge and stave in Rominten, East Prussia, the first Ski Museum at Frognerseteren, and Grand Hotel renovations. The design of the Ski Museum was one of his 1928 entries in architecture. It was opened in 1923 and is considered the very first ski museum world-wide. The building burnt down in 1968. The other entry was the project of the Christiania Roklub. Sverre himself was the clubâs first president. He was followed by two times Olympian [Hannibal Fegth]. During his presidency, the clubhouse built according to Sverreâs design, was opened in 1925 by King Haakon VII.
Sverre was also an active sportsman and produced drawings of many sports buildings, including the sports clubhouse at Bislett. He was president of the Norwegian Roforbund from 1905-20.