Lucien Seignol and his longtime partner [Albert Ferraz] were architects from Saint-Etienne, who used a composite system of prefabricated reinforced concrete elements and traditional techniques. Several of their well-known projects included the library of the University of Saint-Etienne, the Cultural Centre L'Esplanade, the city hall of Unieux and the redesign of the city hall of Saint-Bonnet-le-Chateau. A remarkable building was the watch factory in BesanÃ§on SIDHOR, built in 1948. Its shape is that of a St. Andrew's Cross, with space and light distributed through large windows.
Seignol was a student at the Regional School of Architecture Lyon under Tony Garnier. In 1926, he was admitted to the Ãcole des Beaux Arts but did not graduate before 1938 with the plan of an officerâs mess of an aero-naval base. However, he had worked as an architect in Lyon since 1929. In 1949, he moved to Saint-Etienne, where he had a co-operation with Ferraz. He was a member of the SociÃ©tÃ© des architectes diplÃ´mÃ©s du gouvernement (S.A.D.G.) since 1955.