Posted by Alex Bonilla on August 25, 2020
Baseball Reference is happy to announce the launch of the Game Changer tool, which allows you to customize how you view baseball on MLB.TV. The Game Changer may be familiar to those who were using it when it was hosted by The Baseball Gauge, a site run by Dan Hirsch who has adapted the tool to work from Baseball Reference now. The Game Changer functions in a similar way to the NFL RedZone channel, but for Major League Baseball, prioritizing the key moments you want to catch. All you need to do is set your priorities and click "Launch Video". The Game Changer will do the rest by automatically switching to the game that meets your highest priority at that moment.
Some of the different priorities you can set include:
- If a pitcher you want to see is on the mound pitching
- If a batter you want to see is at bat
- There is also an option to switch to the game if that batter is on deck with less than 2 outs
- If a player you want to see is on base
- If the game situation is high-leverage, meaning it could have a big effect on the team's chance of winning
- If there's a no-hitter going through x innings
- If there's a position player pitching
- If a game has entered extra innings
This is currently not available on mobile. So, if you have MLB.tv access on your computer and wanted a way to personalize your watching experience, check out the Game Changer and give it a try! Feel free to send any suggestions or feedback through our feedback form, we'd love to hear your thoughts on this new tool.