Posted by Neil on August 8, 2012
If you've spent any time at our sites, you've probably seen the "SHARE" command in red text above a table of stats... but maybe you didn't know what that did, or have forgotten how to use it. No worries -- here's a quick rundown of the features you can access by clicking "SHARE":
- Customize rows & columns - Sharing lets you delete certain rows/columns that you don't want to include in your table. Just click the round 'x' button to delete a specific row/column, or the arrow 'x' to get rid of everything to the right (columns) or directly below (rows) the row/column in question.
- Export as an HTML table - Clicking 'html
' gives you code to embed the table onto your site (you can even choose to keep S-R's inline style formatting).
- Get a link - Choosing Link URL creates an SR tiny URL specifically for the table you created, which can easily be sent to others via twitter or directly linked at your blog.
- Export as bbcode - This option lets you copy-and-paste the table into most bulletin board formats.
- Export as an iframe - For those who prefer to embed the table within an inline frame.
- Export into preformatted text or CSV
- Convert table to Wiki formatting - This will turn the table into a format suitable for sites like Wikipedia.
These features are currently active at all Sports-Reference sites except Hockey-Reference, which will be updated either this week or next. Happy sharing!