Posted by admin on November 28, 2011
We've added a new type of leaderboard to the site. The board is a ten-column grid with the years down the site and top ten across the row. It can give you a quick view of who has dominated a particular category over time.
A couple of features:
1. Mousing over the name shows the player's full name and team played for.
2. Selecting a name from the dropdown just above the player list highlights the players and moves you to the last season the player appears on a top ten.
3. This dropdown will stick to the top of the page as you scroll down, so it is always in easy reach.
4. The dropdown lists the total number of appearances in the top ten.
5. The bottom of the page lists the most common players to appear in each slot. For instance, Ruth led the majors in WAR 9 times and was second 5 more times.