Host City: Stockholm, Sweden
Date Started: June 29, 1912
Date Finished: July 5, 1912
Participants: 163 (163 men and 0 women) from 11 countries
Youngest Participant: Eino Soinio (17 years, 229 days)
Oldest Participant: Vivian Woodward (33 years, 26 days)
Most Medals (Athlete): 44 athletes with 1 medal
Most Medals (Country): 3 countries with 1 medal
There were originally 13 teams entered but France and Belgium withdrew. Bohemia attempted to compete but its entry was refused as it was no longer a member of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). The event was held as a single-elimination tournament, with the two losing semi-finalists competing for the bronze medals. However, there was also a consolation tournament conducted with all losing teams from the first two rounds allowed to compete. First prize in the consolation tournament was silver medals from the Svenska Fotbollförbundet (Swedish Football Association), while second prize was bronze medals from the same organization.
The matches were played at three arenas in or near Stockholm – The Olympic Stadium, Råsunda Idrottsplats, and Tranebergs Idrottsplats. Råsunda Idrottsplats, also known as Råsundastadion or Råsunda Fotbollstadion, was in the Solna Municipality of Stockholm. It was built in 1910, and was jointly owned by the Svenska Fotbollförbundet and some football clubs in Stockholm. It had a stand for 2,000 spectators and a total capacity of around 12,000. In 1937 it was rebuilt with concrete stands for 40,000 spectators, becoming the national arena for Swedish football, and renamed Fotbollstadion. It was further enlarged to 50,000 seats for the 1958 World Cup finals when it was the main stadium. Råsunda Idrottsplats was demolished in February 2013 with a new stadium built nearby. Tranebergs Idrottsplats in the Traneberg District of western Stockholm was the home ground of Djurgårdens IF, one of the leading football clubs in Stockholm. It was inaugurated in 1911, with a stand for 2,000 spectators and a total capacity of around 10,000. Tranebergs Idrottsplats was demolished in 1936.