Medals: 1 Gold (1 Total)
Alphonse Laverrière was a Swiss architect who studied from 1887-90 at the École des Beaux Arts at Genève and up to 1892 at Paris. He then worked with Eugène-Édouard Monod until 1915, and together they won the gold medal in 1912 Olympic architecture.
Laverrière mostly designed and built villas, banking and factory buildings but also bridges. He was also involved in interior design and furniture design. His best known buildings were the Reformation Memorial at Genève, the Railway Station at Lausanne, the cemetery “Bois-de-Vaux” at Montoie / Bourdonnette, the Bel-Air tower, the Chauderon bridge and the Botanic Garden. He constructed the Zürich Watch Factory from 1917-26. Between 1929-42 he was professor of theoretical architecture at the ETH Zürich. In 1913 he helped found “L'Œuvre,” which published an identically named newspaper. Laverrière was also a member of the Swiss Engineer and Architecture Federation and of the Bund Schweizer Architekten.
|1912 Summer||39||Stockholm||Art Competitions||Mixed Architecture||Switzerland||SUI||1||Gold|