WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION. Thank you.
Posted: January 6, 2014
POSITION: User Affairs Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Sean Forman, SR President
Sports Reference LLC is focused on answering user questions
relating to sports statistics and history. The SR User Affairs
Coordinator is the point person for Sports Reference’s conversations
with our users. The ideal candidate for this position will have a
deep knowledge of sports and our sites, a strong attention to and
concern for details, exceptional written communication skills, a
knowledge of social media, and a good working knowledge of
spreadsheets or very basic scripting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (In rough order of importance)
- Answer 30 or more daily user inquiries via our online bug system and assign tasks to SR programmers when necessary.
- Maintain datasets like nicknames, executives and coaching histories.
- Promote the use of SR products and interact with users via social media: Twitter, YouTube, our Company Blog, and Facebook
- Moderate our soon-to-launch Stathead site and add new questions and answers as appropriate.
- Clean basic datasets and apply SR id systems to these datasets typically via Excel.
- Test and copy edit, prior to launch, new features developed by SR programmers and provide detailed feedback and quality assurance testing.
- Respond by phone to users who leave SR voicemail.
- Provide input and feedback on new features or datasets that SR should consider or is considering.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
- The ability to get things done quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to accurately, compassionately, and concisely answer user questions.
- Knowledge of proper usage and grammar.
- Knowledge of the Sports Reference sites, how they are structured and what they offer.
- Knowledge of sports history and current sports teams and topics.
- Great attention to detail as this job requires you to enter data that will appear on SR sites.
- Ability to work with online content management systems.
- Ability to manipulate data via spreadsheets or comparable means.
- Knowledge of sabermetrics is a bonus.
- Touch typing is a bonus as most user interactions will be online.
- No degree is required, though we would likely view a Bachelor’s degree as some evidence of the ability to get things done.
- Sports Reference is located in Philadelphia and due to the nature
of this work preference will be given to candidates able to work in
Philadelphia, but non-Philadelphia candidates will be considered.
Please indicate in your cover letter if you are able to work out of
our Philadelphia office.
- This is not a job as a programmer or as a full-time writer.
- This is a full-time job.
- Applicant must have a legal right to work in the United States.
Sports Reference is a small company with 5 employees, so your work
will be highly visible and have a definite and immediate impact. Even
though we are a small company, Sports Reference contributes to
employee health care, dental care, retirement accounts, and salaries
commensurate with your ability level and experience.
We will begin reviewing applicants January 13th and will continue
until the position or positions are filled. To apply, please send a
cover e-mail with two or more references to
email@example.com (our bug system) and attach an up-to-date
resume in .pdf, .doc, or .txt form.
Sports Reference LLC does not discriminate in employment decisions
on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, religion, military service eligibility, veteran status,
marital status, disability, membership in any other protected classes,
or on the basis of sports franchise preferences.
Current season data provided by SportsDirect Inc.