12th September 2013
Archive for the 'Pro-Football-Reference.com' Category
11th September 2013
Using the play-by-play data we've added player penalty logs for each season from 1999 to the current season. Look for it in the header just below the ad, next to Splits:
You can click "Hide declined and offsetting" next to the header to hide declined or offsetting penalties, and you can click on the penalty description to be taken to the play in question in the game's box score.
11th September 2013
In case you missed it over the offseason, we now have team offensive schemes & defensive alignments on team pages going back as far as 1957. We've even added team and opponent offense and defense as options on the team game finder tool, if for instance you want to find how teams performed against the 3-4 defense in 2012. Think we have a team's scheme wrong? Help us fix it!
10th September 2013
Here's a 2-minute tutorial on how to embed professional-looking stat tables on your own blog:
9th September 2013
With the season kicking off, it's time to showcase our newsfeeds on PFR player pages, showing the latest player news from KFFL, injury reports and links to relevant blog posts. If you have a blog or website with an RSS feed you can add your site to relevant player pages as well. Our Player Linker Tool will take your blog posts as you've written them and run them through a program and add links to PFR player pages where appropriate. So while you don't have the resource to create your own player pages for your site, you can treat us as your site's statistics partner, linking Eli Manning's name to our stats or any player all the way back to Y.A. Tittle and Otto Graham.
If you help your users find our great content, we'll help our users find yours. And best of all it is all automated except for one click of an easy-to-install bookmarklet. Check the Player Newsfeeds page for details. This link share will also work for tables you share using the SHARE tooltip found above every stats table on the site.
8th September 2013
With the regular season around the corner, Sponsoring a P-F-R page is a fun, fast, and easy way to support what we're doing here at Pro-Football-Reference. With a sponsorship, you can:
- Show your support for your favorite player or team.
- Drum up traffic for your own site & draw in fans with a common interest.
- Get some well-deserved recognition for your support of PFR.
- Make your voice heard by the tens of thousands of people who visit Pro-Football-Reference every day.
Here's all you have to do to get involved:
- Create a membership account.
- Find the page(s) you'd like to support, and click "sponsor" (available pages).
- If the page you want is already sponsored, click "Alert Me!" to be informed when the current sponsorship expires.
- Follow the instructions to create your message and make your payment.
- Your message and links will be visible on the page after we approve them (usually in less than 24 hours).
7th September 2013
Search all plays from 2000 to today to find performances that match your criteria. Answer questions like…
- Which quarterback had the highest rating with less than 5 minutes to play in 2009?
- How many 50+ yard plays have the Bills given up from 2000-2011?
- What was the success rate of 4th down plays in 2011?
Search through player season stats spanning from 1920 to today for single seasons or combined seasons that match your criteria. Answer questions like…
- Who was the first quarterback to pass for 4000 yards in a season?
- Which player had the most pass receptions during the 1970s?
- Who is the offensive lineman with the most Pro Bowl selections?
The answers to these questions and many, many more are at your fingertips using the Player Season Finder.
Search through player game logs spanning from 1960 to today for games that match your criteria. You can find…
- the top rushing performances in the 1973 season
- a list of all players with 100+ yards rushing and receiving in the same game
- the quarterback who has the most games with 4+ touchdown passes since the merger
With the Player Game Finder, the possibilities are almost endless.
Search through every touchdown scored from 1940 to today for scores that match your criteria. Did you know…
- Jerry Rice scored 36 touchdowns of 50 or more yards?
- Jim Harbaugh threw four tying or go-ahead touchdowns in the 4th quarter or overtime in 1995?
- Garrison Hearst had the longest rushing touchdown of the 1990s?
Impress your friends and come up with your own "Did You Know" with a little help from the Player Touchdown Finder.
Find team games or seasons matching certain criteria. Did you know…
6th September 2013
Looking for a table of every game from the upcoming NFL season? Check out our 2013 NFL Regular-Season schedule page!
5th September 2013
You may have noticed that we've added Game Previews for the new season. These pages will contain stats and info on the upcoming matchup, they'll contain Win Probability graphs during the game itself (updated after every quarter), and the morning after the game they'll turn into the familiar boxscore pages you know and love (with new WPA graphs). Enjoy, and thank goodness for football!!!
3rd September 2013
Due to datafeed issues, our College Football stats won't be updated until later in the week at the earliest. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we hope to get everything up and running (better than ever, in fact) quickly. Thanks for your patience.