Archive for the 'Hockey-Reference.com' Category
Posted by Neil on January 22, 2013
With the NHL starting back up after the lockout, here's a reminder that we offer our familiar Play Index tools for hockey, too:
Player Game Finder
Search through NHL regular season and playoff game logs spanning from 1987-88 to today for games that match your criteria.
Player Season Finder
Search through NHL regular season statistics spanning from 1917-18 to today for single seasons or combined seasons that match your criteria.
Player Playoff Finder
Search through NHL playoff statistics spanning from 1918 to today for single years or combined years that match your criteria.
2 Comments |
Posted in Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com, Basketball-Reference.com, CBB at Sports Reference, CFB at Sports Reference, Hockey-Reference.com, Olympics at S-R, Play Index, Pro-Football-Reference.com
Posted by admin on September 7, 2012
We recently leased a newer, more powerful machine to host our football, hockey and basketball sites. Basketball hasn't moved yet, but today we flipped the switch on the football and hockey sites. This new machine boasts 16 cores and 16GB of RAM, so it will be a lot faster than our previous machine.
This should mean you can now view Tom Brady and Jurrell Casey's pages much more quickly.
4 Comments |
Posted in Announcement, expire7d, Hockey-Reference.com, Pro-Football-Reference.com
Posted by Neil on August 13, 2012
As you might have noticed, we updated the site template at Hockey-Reference over the weekend, bringing it up to code (pun intended) with the rest of the S-R sites.
What does that mean for you? Here's a rundown of the new features we added:
- Rollover menus in the navbar. Rolling your mouse over the "play index | boxscores | players | etc." menus at the top of pages will now give you more options, including quick access to recent results.
- Improved table sorting. Now, you can reset tables you sorted (via header clicking) by clicking the header again until the original sorting returns -- the order goes from Default --> Descending --> Ascending --> Default.
- SHARE stats.You can now use our SHARE capability to customize tables, link to H-R content, and embed stats on your own site.
- Link to specific tables. Every table has a Link option that lets you send people directly to the table you want.
- ...and more!
As always, you can report ongoing bugs here: Sr.FogBugz.com
Comments Off |
Posted in Announcement, Expire30d, Features, Hockey-Reference.com
Posted by Neil on August 8, 2012
If you've spent any time at our sites, you've probably seen the "SHARE" command in red text above a table of stats... but maybe you didn't know what that did, or have forgotten how to use it. No worries -- here's a quick rundown of the features you can access by clicking "SHARE":
- Customize rows & columns - Sharing lets you delete certain rows/columns that you don't want to include in your table. Just click the round 'x' button to delete a specific row/column, or the arrow 'x' to get rid of everything to the right (columns) or directly below (rows) the row/column in question.
- Export as an HTML table - Clicking 'html
' gives you code to embed the table onto your site (you can even choose to keep S-R's inline style formatting).
- Get a link - Choosing Link URL creates an SR tiny URL specifically for the table you created, which can easily be sent to others via twitter or directly linked at your blog.
- Export as bbcode - This option lets you copy-and-paste the table into most bulletin board formats.
- Export as an iframe - For those who prefer to embed the table within an inline frame.
- Export into preformatted text or CSV
- Convert table to Wiki formatting - This will turn the table into a format suitable for sites like Wikipedia.
These features are currently active at all Sports-Reference sites except Hockey-Reference, which will be updated either this week or next. Happy sharing!
6 Comments |
Posted in Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com, Basketball-Reference.com, CBB at Sports Reference, CFB at Sports Reference, Hockey-Reference.com
Posted by Neil on July 31, 2012
Just a friendly reminder to check out our Olympics site, which is being updated daily throughout the London games.
Comments Off |
Posted in Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com, Basketball-Reference.com, CBB at Sports Reference, CFB at Sports Reference, expire21d, Features, Hockey-Reference.com, Olympics at S-R, Pro-Football-Reference.com