Archive for the 'Basketball-Reference.com' Category
Posted by Neil on August 8, 2012
If you've spent any time at our sites, you've probably seen the "SHARE" command in red text above a table of stats... but maybe you didn't know what that did, or have forgotten how to use it. No worries -- here's a quick rundown of the features you can access by clicking "SHARE":
- Customize rows & columns - Sharing lets you delete certain rows/columns that you don't want to include in your table. Just click the round 'x' button to delete a specific row/column, or the arrow 'x' to get rid of everything to the right (columns) or directly below (rows) the row/column in question.
- Export as an HTML table - Clicking 'html
' gives you code to embed the table onto your site (you can even choose to keep S-R's inline style formatting).
- Get a link - Choosing Link URL creates an SR tiny URL specifically for the table you created, which can easily be sent to others via twitter or directly linked at your blog.
- Export as bbcode - This option lets you copy-and-paste the table into most bulletin board formats.
- Export as an iframe - For those who prefer to embed the table within an inline frame.
- Export into preformatted text or CSV
- Convert table to Wiki formatting - This will turn the table into a format suitable for sites like Wikipedia.
These features are currently active at all Sports-Reference sites except Hockey-Reference, which will be updated either this week or next. Happy sharing!
6 Comments |
Posted in Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com, Basketball-Reference.com, CBB at Sports Reference, CFB at Sports Reference, Hockey-Reference.com
Posted by Neil on August 2, 2012
Sponsoring a page is fun, fast, and easy way to support what we're doing here at Basketball-Reference. With a sponsorship, you can:
- Show your support for your favorite player or team.
- Drum up traffic for your own site & draw in fans with a common interest.
- Get some well-deserved recognition for your support of BBR.
- Make your voice heard by the tens of thousands of people who visit Basketball-Reference every day.
Here's all you have to do to get involved:
- Create a membership account.
- Find the page(s) you'd like to support, and click "sponsor" (available pages).
- If the page you want is already sponsored, click "Alert Me!" to be informed when the current sponsorship expires.
- Follow the instructions to create your message and make your payment.
- Your message and links will be visible on the page after we approve them (usually in less than 24 hours).
And who knows, if you're clever enough, your message might end up on lists like these.
4 Comments |
Posted in Announcement, Basketball-Reference.com, Features, Sponsors
Posted by Neil on July 31, 2012
Just a friendly reminder to check out our Olympics site, which is being updated daily throughout the London games.
Comments Off on Olympics at Sports-Reference |
Posted in Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com, Basketball-Reference.com, CBB at Sports Reference, CFB at Sports Reference, expire21d, Features, Hockey-Reference.com, Olympics at S-R, Pro-Football-Reference.com
Posted by Neil on July 24, 2012
Attention readers in the Philly area -- we need users like you to come in and help us improve our sites!
If you're in the vicinity -- our HQ is located in the Mt. Airy section of northwest Philadelphia -- and can spare an hour next week to help us test out some PFR Play Index features (we'll even pay you $50 for your time), please email me your name and a contact phone number.
We are looking for 3 testers, so we may not be able to use everyone. Please remember testing will be done in Philadelphia only.
Thanks for your help!
1 Comment |
Posted in Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com, Basketball-Reference.com, CBB at Sports Reference, CFB at Sports Reference, expire21d, Hockey-Reference.com, Olympics at S-R, Play Index
Posted by Justin Kubatko on July 2, 2012
This past Friday I gave our Twitter followers a sneak preview of our new Men's Olympic Basketball section on Basketball-Reference.com. Today I'd like to formally announce the launch of this new section of the site and describe some of its features:
- The Athletes subsection contains a page for every athlete who participated in men's Olympic basketball, from Joe Fortenberry in 1936 to Dwight Howard in 2008. Each athlete's page contains biographical data, statistics game logs, and more.
- The Teams subsection has a page for every men's Olympic basketball team. Each country has their own index with a summary of their Olympic results and links to more detailed pages for each team they fielded in the Olympics.
- The Years subsection has a page for each Olympic year with the medal results, finals standings, schedule & results, and more.
- Finally, the Games subsection has detailed results for each day of competition, plus box scores for every game.
Not coincidentally, the launch of this new section was timed to follow-up on the popularity of NBA TV's documentary "The Dream Team" and in anticipation of the 2012 Olympics in London. I hope you enjoy the Mens' Olympic Basketball section, and as always please let us know if you have find any bugs or have any suggestions for ways that we can improve the site.
4 Comments |
Posted in Announcement, Basketball-Reference.com, Features