Archive for the 'Announcement' Category
Posted by Neil on September 10, 2012
If you've spent a lot of time at Pro-Football Reference, you've probably seen the "SHARE" command in red text above a table of stats... but maybe you didn't know what that did, or have forgotten how to use it. No worries -- here's a quick rundown of the features you can access by clicking "SHARE":
- Customize rows & columns - Sharing lets you delete certain rows/columns that you don't want to include in your table. Just click the round 'x' button to delete a specific row/column, or the arrow 'x' to get rid of everything to the right (columns) or directly below (rows) the row/column in question.
- Export as an HTML table - Clicking 'html
' gives you code to embed the table onto your site (you can even choose to keep S-R's inline style formatting).
- Get a link - Choosing Link URL creates an SR tiny URL specifically for the table you created, which can easily be sent to others via twitter or directly linked at your blog.
- Export as bbcode - This option lets you copy-and-paste the table into most bulletin board formats.
- Export as an iframe - For those who prefer to embed the table within an inline frame.
- Export into preformatted text or CSV
- Convert table to Wiki formatting - This will turn the table into a format suitable for sites like Wikipedia.
3 Comments |
Posted in Announcement, Features, HowTo, Pro-Football-Reference.com
Posted by admin on September 7, 2012
We recently leased a newer, more powerful machine to host our football, hockey and basketball sites. Basketball hasn't moved yet, but today we flipped the switch on the football and hockey sites. This new machine boasts 16 cores and 16GB of RAM, so it will be a lot faster than our previous machine.
This should mean you can now view Tom Brady and Jurrell Casey's pages much more quickly.
4 Comments |
Posted in Announcement, expire7d, Hockey-Reference.com, Pro-Football-Reference.com
Posted by Neil on September 7, 2012
We don't know what this weekend's games will hold, but maybe one of them will end with an historically-unique final score. If so, as a Pro-Football-Reference user you'll know first because you can run a search on any combination of final scores to see how often they've occurred all-time.
Using the main table on this page, and clicking the "count" column header to sort by he number of instances in the database, you can find the rarest and most common scores in pro football history. You might be surprised to see the number of combinations that have taken place just once, running the gamut from 66-0 blowouts to brutal 5-3 affairs. And at the other end of the spectrum, 20-17 is by far the most common all-time final score.
Play around with the tool for a while, and you'll always know where to find an answer when somebody asks, "how often does this score happen?"
Comments Off |
Posted in Announcement, Features, Play Index, Pro-Football-Reference.com