Archive for the 'Announcement' Category
Posted by Mike on September 11, 2013
Using the play-by-play data we've added player penalty logs for each season from 1999 to the current season. Look for it in the header just below the ad, next to Splits:
You can click "Hide declined and offsetting" next to the header to hide declined or offsetting penalties, and you can click on the penalty description to be taken to the play in question in the game's box score.
The three most-penalized players since 1999 in our database? Flozell Adams, Charles Woodson, and Al Harris.
1 Comment |
Posted in Announcement, Pro-Football-Reference.com
Posted by Neil on September 9, 2013
PFR Player Name Linker / Add your Site to our Player Newsfeeds
With the season kicking off, it's time to showcase our newsfeeds on PFR player pages, showing the latest player news from KFFL, injury reports and links to relevant blog posts. If you have a blog or website with an RSS feed you can add your site to relevant player pages as well. Our Player Linker Tool will take your blog posts as you've written them and run them through a program and add links to PFR player pages where appropriate. So while you don't have the resource to create your own player pages for your site, you can treat us as your site's statistics partner, linking Eli Manning's name to our stats or any player all the way back to Y.A. Tittle and Otto Graham.
If the links then appear in your rss feed and you let us know to look for them, we'll pull them out of your feed and then link back to you from Eli's page, or Otto Graham's or whomever you link to.
If you help your users find our great content, we'll help our users find yours. And best of all it is all automated except for one click of an easy-to-install bookmarklet. Check the Player Newsfeeds page for details. This link share will also work for tables you share using the SHARE tooltip found above every stats table on the site.
2 Comments |
Posted in Announcement, Features, Linker, Pro-Football-Reference.com
Posted by Neil on September 8, 2013
With the regular season around the corner, Sponsoring a P-F-R page is a fun, fast, and easy way to support what we're doing here at Pro-Football-Reference. With a sponsorship, you can:
- Show your support for your favorite player or team.
- Drum up traffic for your own site & draw in fans with a common interest.
- Get some well-deserved recognition for your support of PFR.
- Make your voice heard by the tens of thousands of people who visit Pro-Football-Reference every day.
Here's all you have to do to get involved:
- Create a membership account.
- Find the page(s) you'd like to support, and click "sponsor" (available pages).
- If the page you want is already sponsored, click "Alert Me!" to be informed when the current sponsorship expires.
- Follow the instructions to create your message and make your payment.
- Your message and links will be visible on the page after we approve them (usually in less than 24 hours).
And who knows, if you're clever enough, your message might end up on lists like these.
Comments Off |
Posted in Announcement, Features, Pro-Football-Reference.com