Posted by Mike Lynch on August 29, 2014
With football season once again upon us, we figured users that have been away from the sites in the offseason could use a refresher on some changes/updates. We remained hard at work in the offseason rolling out a series of new features & improvements for users to enjoy this season:
- We now have line scores for every game in NFL/AAFC history all the way back to the 1920 APFA (as the NFL was known at the time).
- Thanks to these line scores, we've been able to flesh out stadium histories, as well. We now have an index of every stadium in league history, with leaderboards for venues since 1960. We have also integrated these stadiums into the Player Game Finder and Team Game Finder. So you can now search for the most rushing yards in a game at Lambeau Field since 1960 and the most points scored in a game at Lambeau. This addition has also allowed us to make the Player Touchdown Finder searchable for every season in NFL history.
- We've also enhanced our coverage of more recent history. Our Game Play Finder now allows you to create custom searches through every play since 1998. We now have over 725,000 plays searchable through this tool, including every pass play in Peyton Manning's career.
- Many of you likely noticed that we added the Player Streak Finder late last season. This tool allowed for searches like most consecutive 100-yard rushing games since 1960 and most consecutive seasons with 1,000 receiving yards. Well, we've now rolled out a similar tool for teams, the Team Streak Finder. With this feature, you can find the longest regular-season win streaks since 1940 and the most consecutive 10-win seasons since the merger.
- Wondering how your favorite (or least favorite?) head coach has fared on challenges? You can now find a list of challenges and results on the bottom of coaching pages.
- We have also added trades since 2000 to team pages and player pages (at the bottom).
- Finally, we have added high schools to players' biographical info, creating listings for high schools in the process. If you see any bugs in this data, please let us know.
We hope everyone finds these new features useful this season.