Posted by Hans Van Slooten on June 17, 2014
As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, we continue to work on our possession and play-by-play stats, and we have released the next enhancement, additional situations.
As a brief primer on what the new situations mean:
- All Situations, Even Strength, Power Play, and Short-Handed are the traditional situations and mean what you expect them to.
- 5-on-5 is situations where there were five skaters on the ice for both teams. It is similar to Even Strength, but doesn't include 4-on-4.
- 5-on-5 Close is situations where there were five skaters on the ice for both teams and:
- The score is within 1 point in the 1st or 2nd Period, or
- The score is tied in the 3rd Period.
- 5-on-5 Tied is situations where there were five skaters on the ice for both teams and the score was tied.
When you click on a situational tab, all of the stats on that page are for that situation (Blocks, Hits, Corsi For, etc.).
Where are they?
To find these stats, go to a player's page (one who's played in a game since the 2007-08 season) and you will see a link to "Additional Stats":
Clicking on that will take you to the Additional Stats pages where you can see these new enhancements.
We welcome any feedback or questions you have about these new features.