As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, we continue to work on our possession and play-by-play stats, and we have released the next enhancement, additional situations.
As a brief primer on what the new situations mean:
- All Situations, Even Strength, Power Play, and Short-Handed are the traditional situations and mean what you expect them to.
- 5-on-5 is situations where there were five skaters on the ice for both teams. It is similar to Even Strength, but doesn't include 4-on-4.
- 5-on-5 Close is situations where there were five skaters on the ice for both teams and:
- The score is within 1 point in the 1st or 2nd Period, or
- The score is tied in the 3rd Period.
- 5-on-5 Tied is situations where there were five skaters on the ice for both teams and the score was tied.
When you click on a situational tab, all of the stats on that page are for that situation (Blocks, Hits, Corsi For, etc.).
Where are they?
To find these stats, go to a player's page (one who's played in a game since the 2007-08 season) and you will see a link to "Additional Stats":
Clicking on that will take you to the Additional Stats pages where you can see these new enhancements.
We welcome any feedback or questions you have about these new features.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 17th, 2014 at 11:15 am and is filed under Advanced Stats, Announcement, Features, Hockey-Reference.com. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.