Here are a few odds & ends as we near the end of the week:
- Our old feedback system was causing us to be buried under an avalanche of spam, so we've started to use a common feedback system for all of our sites. Unfortunately this means that you'll have to jump through a few hoops in order to get your comments submitted, but it also makes it much more likely that we'll actually see and reply to your feedback. Thanks for your patience with this.
- We're frequently asked how to calculate individual offensive and defensive ratings, so Neil Paine has written a nice primer that I've posted on the site.
- I've added partial box scores for the 1963-64 season to the site, which means we now have 50 years of partial or full box scores in our database.
- Speaking of box scores, the Play Index (PI) tools have been updated to include all games from 1963-64 to present. That means you can now find things like the best scoring performances from 1969-70 to 1978-79, the longest streaks of 25 or more points from 1963-64 to 1968-69, and a list of head-to-head matchups between Oscar Robertson and Jerry West.
- If you're a fan of the NCAA tournament, consider checking out our printable game previews. They're handy to have by your side whether you're at the arena or watching on TV. And as a grad school alumnus and current season ticket holder, let me say one thing: Go Bucks!
That's all for now. Please let us know if you have any comments or questions regarding these items.
This entry was posted on Thursday, March 28th, 2013 at 3:48 pm and is filed under Announcement, Basketball-Reference.com. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.