Here's a reminder that if the stats you see on a player's main page aren't enough, you can click the "More Stats" link next to his primary batting table. This will bring up an advanced batting stats page, which contains not only the conventional batting & player value tables you see on the main page, but also:
- Ratio Batting - Generally, metrics that come as a percentage of plate appearances (or some other opportunity stat). Examples: HR%, BB%, SO%, GB/FB, Line Drive %
- Win Probability - Stats pertaining to Win Probability. Examples: Win Probability Added (WPA), Leverage Index
- Baserunning & Misc. Stats - Stats that deal w/ baserunning. Examples: Stolen base opportunities, extra bases taken, going from 1st to 3rd on a single, reaching on error
- Situational Hitting - Hitting stats in important situations. Examples: Pinch hitting, productive outs, advancing runners
- Pitch Summary Batting - Hitting stats from the pitch-by-pitch data. Examples: Pitches seen/PA, strikes taken, 1st pitches swung at, 2-0 counts seen
- Cumulative Batting - Career conventional stat totals through every season of a player's career.
- Neutralized Batting - Career stats transported to the year/league/park context of your choice (via this system)
Many people have never noticed the "More Stats" pages, so hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised to find even more free stats on a player's Baseball-Reference page.
This entry was posted on Thursday, October 11th, 2012 at 4:01 pm and is filed under Advanced Stats, Announcement, Baseball-Reference.com, Data, Features. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.